COVID update for Briercrest Christian Academy, College, and Seminary as of the week of May 14, 2021.
Friday, May 14, 2021
COVID-19 Update: May 14, 2021
Briercrest has seven positive cases of COVID-19 to report.
Confirmed outbreak managed according to campus health protocols
Seven Briercrest Christian Academy students have tested positive for COVID-19. Upon receiving one positive test result, the student was immediately placed in quarantine. Contact tracing was carried out and all confirmed cases—seven in total as of Friday, May 14—are at home in isolation.
Impacted classes shifted to an online delivery format on Monday, facilitated by Briercrest Christian Academy’s proactive Return to Campus plan. The plan allows classes to transition online with minimal impact on student success.
As of Monday, May 10, all students affected by the Public Health Order have either returned home to quarantine in their family home or are in isolation.
Proactive campus health guidelines prevented further spread
Briercrest continues to monitor students and staff for symptoms through a daily health tracking and notification system. We are grateful for the collaboration of Briercrest Christian Academy staff, Prairie Hockey Academy, and the parents of students for their immediate response and cooperation that stopped any further spread of the outbreak.
Measures in place for ongoing student care
Briercrest continues to work closely with the Saskatchewan Health Authority to maintain proper health and safety protocols. We continue to monitor students and staff for symptoms through a daily health tracking and notification system. All students on campus have signed waivers indicating that they will adhere to Briercrest’s health guidelines, including daily health screening, the wearing of masks, and maintaining social distancing. We are grateful for the collaboration and guidance of the SHA and the creativity of on-campus leaders working to keep our campus safe.
What you need to know
Briercrest Christian Academy
Fall 2020 Course Delivery
- Briercrest Christian Academy and Briercrest College will provide on campus, in-person programs this fall.
- Briercrest Seminary is offering its programs online for Fall 2020
- The Kaléo Program is proceeding with its Fall 2020 semester in accordance with B.C. Health Guidelines. Details
Check In Days
- For Briercrest College, student check-in day is Monday, Setpember 7th
- For Briercrest Christian Academy, student check-in day is Tuesday, September 8th
- All Briercrest facilities are currently closed to the public.
- The Husky, Subway, and Pilgrim Centre Coffee Shop remain open, but there is no longer in-store dining in these locations.
The Archibald Library is open as of September 8th. To review our services for off campus students, please visit https://www.briercrest.ca/library/offcampus/. For research assistance, or to ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All events at Briercrest are cancelled for the foreseeable future.
- In March 2020, Briercrest College and Seminary’s graduation ceremony was postponed until further notice.
For COVID-19 information from the Province of Saskatchewan, please use the links below.