Support Technician - Programmer
The Information Systems department enables the Briercrest learning community to effectively manage information in the pursuit of its mission by providing appropriate quality technological resources and services, and related technical support and training. The Support Technician – Programmer provides front-line technical and administrative support, as well as custom programming and scripting support that enables the Briercrest staff, faculty and students to effective use the information systems available at Briercrest.
- Good organizational, administrative and communication skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve client-computing problems, and to follow established escalation procedures as needed
- Ability to provide technical instructions to clients
- Technical skills in related areas of technology as demonstrated by A+ and/or Network + (CompTIA) certification or equivalent knowledge is preferred
- Well-rounded understanding of Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX, and Mobile Device configuration and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products, how people use these in the pursuit of their work, and how to resolve problems in the use of these products
- Familiarity with computer programming, specifically in the Windows .Net environment including VB.Net, C# and PowerShell.
- Note: A candidate with the right aptitude but is missing some of the requirements may still be considered. Training to fill out the required skill set may be considered for the right candidate.
- Agreement with Briercrest’s Institutional Covenant
Responsibilities and Desired Outcomes
- Provides technical support for the staff, faculty and students of Briercrest College and Seminary in the use of the various institutional systems
- Creates technical and user-level documentation related to problems encountered and resolved at Briercrest
- Manages orders for departmental supplies
- Manages the postage system, including reordering postage, interdepartmental charges, tracking parcels, etc.
- Assists with the daily processing of institutional mail
- Assists in the department’s administrative functions such as:
- Photocopier copy count recording
- Interdepartmental charges and month-end reporting
- Canvas system
- Approval of ID Photo submissions, and printing/processing ID cards
- Provisioning and decommissioning user accounts
- Assists with the diagnosis, analysis, development, testing, and debugging of custom code as directed by the CIO.
- Assists with technical projects such as cabling, equipment configuration and deployment, etc., as needed
- The Service Technician reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- This is a Technician II position on the Briercrest compensation grid and is eligible for all benefits of that category.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at email@example.com.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.