This term position will be dedicated to the ongoing ministry to Indigenous students during the school year (starting immediately and ending April 30, 2020 and working 15 to 20 hours per week depending on demands). The Indigenous Coordinator will work closely with the Indigenous Affairs Committee and Student Development. However, the focus of the position will be on the internal, day to day activities, supporting and relationship building with our students and working on Indigenous student events.
Suitable candidates will either be Indigenous or have experience with Indigenous people and their culture.
- Enjoy connecting with and relating to people as well as being able to perform multiple office tasks.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills—both oral and written.
- Work well as a member of a team.
- Be competent with computer programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and be willing and able to develop these skills further.
- Be able to complete projects autonomously.
- Be marked by a commitment to integrity and confidentiality.
- Preferably have completed a Bachelor of Arts degree or life experience relevant to this position.
DESIRED OUTCOMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Implement and participate in ministry to students, both internal and external.
- Anticipate student needs and help to find solutions for students in personal and academic matters.
- Provide documentation of ongoing activities and initiatives.
- Work with the Indigenous Affairs Committee on projects.
- Provide some support and assistance to the Recruitment and Admissions Departments in the recruiting of Indigenous students.
- Plan and execute social and educational events involving Indigenous students
- This position reports directly to the Dean of the College
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application.
View our Institutional Covenant